So you’re relocating from New Jersey and selling your house?
Let’s tackle this one step at a time.
First and foremost, consider your timeframe. If your current home is already sold, that’s great! You’re now free to focus on your next destination.
If not, it’s time to develop a game plan…
Since you’re relocating, you want to ensure that your house in New Jersey will sell. The last thing you’ll want is to juggle two mortgages or deal with a pending sale from afar. Or, to end up renting out your property and to manage tenants from out-of-state.
Consider your timeline. How soon do you need to relocate?
The average home sale takes 65-70 days to close. Unfortunately, closing is never a sure thing.
- Buyers change their minds.
- Home inspections unearth issues.
- Lenders may not approve the buyers.
- Title issues arise.
When you’re working with a 6 month timeframe, you can deal with these roadblocks. But, that doesn’t mean it will be easy.
Soliciting bids for a contractor to repair your roof is the last thing you’ll want to deal with while you’re cleaning out your house, looking for a new home, and preparing to uproot your life in your native town.
When relocating from New Jersey to out-of-state, you’ll face a number of moving parts. The most critical element of ensuring a smooth relocation is ensuring that you sell your house.
Consider Your Options
- List It – You can reach out to a Realtor to list your house on the MLS. Your house will gain maximum exposure, but you’ll be dealing with countless showings and buyers who are inexperienced at buying homes. Which jeopardizes their ability to close on-time, or at all.
- Rent It – If you don’t need the cash from the sale of your home in order to move, renting your house is an option. While this can provide additional income, keep in mind that you’re still responsible for property taxes (notably high in NJ), insurance, repairs & maintenance, water & sewer, and your mortgage. Since you’ll be out-of-state, you’ll also be dealing with the headaches of managing remotely after relocating, or you’ll pay a property manager (~10% of rent).
- Sell to a Professional – To ensure that the sale goes smoothly, consider selling to a professional house buyer. Companies like Hudson NJ Home Buyers specialize in purchasing houses in situations where the seller is relocating or retiring and moving out-of-state, when closing quickly is of paramount importance, and when the house must sell in its current condition. The best part is, Hudson NJ Home Buyers will work with you to coordinate closing on the day of your choice.
And, if you’re worried about clean-up, talk to us about how you can take your cherished belongings with you, and leave the rest for us to clean up. Talk about an easy move!
Lastly, you won’t have to fork over 5% of the sales price to a Realtor!
On a $200,000 sale, that’s $10,000 you’re saving right off the bat!
Selling a house for relocation from New Jersey is no easy task. Find out how we can help!
Fill out our quick form, or call today for a quick, no-obligation offer for your house in NJ!